Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh College...

-I shouldn't be the one saying this but, I kind of feel like I'm in high school, except with unfamiliar faces. I've been put in this thing called "Freshman Connection". It's basically a group of Freshman under the same major (Business) and we have three classes together. Yay? Sort of.... It's not necessarily a bad experience. I get to be closer with my classmates, make more friends, get homework that I might have missed, etc etc. BUT! And this is a big BUT, there are only a handful of them I actually like. The rest of them just... piss me off. I don't want to go into detail with that so I'll leave it here.

-My first two weeks of college was disgusting. I was forced to drop my math class because I was over qualified. Then I went on a quest to find a new math class. I woke up at 6 am every morning to go to school and crash Math 103 and Math 140. I found out that they both were 1) the most failed math classes and 2) the classes with the longest waiting lists. In addition, I have to take the bus going to school and coming home. Pain in the ass? Oh yeaaaaah. Not only did I have to look for a math class, I had my financial aid to worry about. With the three classes I already have, I didn't have enough money or financial aid to pay off my books and school related equipment. Also, if I wasn't a full time student, they might reduce my financial aid. Oh yeah, if I wasn't a full time student, I might lose my medical insurance. To add to that, I might not get housing for the spring if I don't get my financial aid. A lot of pressure? Fck yeah. After the first week of no hope, I was given another list of classes to crash. I was so desperate, I was offering to pay people to drop the class. NO JOKE. Then, God finally shed some of his amazing grace and gave me Music 105: The Elements of Music. Now, a weight has been lifted and I get to finally sleep in and do what I want.

-If anything, happy is happy is happy if it's good. So, happy three months. (:

-If all goes well, I'll be getting the Xtera and commuting to school. I'd much rather do that then stay at my uncle's house. It's not that I don't appreciate them for letting me stay, I just feel like a burden. Thanks for fcking up and losing my housing application Northridge. You guys are wonderful.

-As for everything else, I'm doing well. Although everything has changed, it's for the better. I kept thinking to myself that change was bad but, it's not like I have complete control over everything. More than anything, I've accepted to experience things as they come. I kept planning out everything but it wouldn't always go my way. So now what? Well, I'll just have to see it for myself.

this blog is OVER.

-dom.

No comments:

Post a Comment